Rosé Ice Cream Sandwich
Summer is all about eating light, and eating cool. Standing over a hot stove or amping up the heat in a leaky oven is never what you want at the end of a hot summer day.
Might I recommend a sandwich for dinner then?
An ice cream sandwich.
Time to be the fancy adult you are, and eat your wine ice cream for dinner.
Sweet, pink Moscato wine is infused into an ice cream that pairs beautifully with cheese. It also can, and will, get you tipsy. Eat it on its own, or sprinkle it with red summer berries or parmesan cheese. You can also go for gold and make the Rosé Ice Cream sandwich with parmesan crisps (I'll show you how to make those below).
Total Time: 3 hours
Makes: 2 pints
1/2 cup sweet rosé wine, such as Moscato or Flora
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup dark red wine, such as a Pinot Noir
2 tablespoons brandy
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, add the rosé to the sugar, and whisk until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Then add the dark red wine and brandy. Slowly add the cream, mixing continuously.
- Churn in an ice cream machine until the mixture looks like soft serve. Place in a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours to set.
To make the Sandwiches:
- In a clean frying pan, sprinkle half the parmesan into a 3-inch disk. Fry the cheese over medium heat, until melted and a golden brown color on the edges.
- Carefully flip the cheese and continue to cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side. If you are having difficulty with the cheese sticking, try greasing the pan and spatula.
- Once both sides are evenly golden-brown, place on a paper towel to catch any extra grease. Repeat with the other half of the cheese. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of the rose icecream on top of one of the parmesan crisps. Flatten the scoop with the back of a spoon, then place the other crisp on top. And enjoy!
And bam, a sweet and salty treat that's unlike anything you've had before. I normally don't condone this, but pair this ice cream with cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, nuts, and dried fruit, for a full on no-bake party time.