Now these brownie/cookie/Oreo masterpieces are more commonly known as "slutty brownies" but there shall be no slut-shaming here! I made them based off the special brownies Charlie is given at his first high school party, which is also the first time he really connects with Sam and Patrick. Oh the wondrous magic of baked goods! While these half-baked brownies have nothing eh, special tucked away in them, they are definitely something teenagers would think of making. Gooey brownies, and doughy cookies, it's like they're breaking all the rules of baking. And they're probably one of the few recipes I would insist making from box mixes. There's just something so simple about them, like how you'd bake everything when you were a kid.
1 box of brownie mix* (Ghirardelli's is particularly good.)
1 packet of Oreo cookies (Double-stuffed if you must.)
1 box or sleeve of cookie dough*
*Usually with these you need eggs, oil, and butter to mix in.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare the cookie dough mix as the box instructs, or roll out the cookie dough. Pat the dough into a greased 8x8 inch pan, with at least 2 inch high sides, until it covers the bottom evenly.
3. Place the Oreos in rows over the cookie dough, trying to get them as close together as possible.
4. Make the brownie mix as the box instructs, until it's a smooth batter. Gently pour the batter over the Oreo layer. Push the batter to the edges, gently.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the desired gooey-ness. Let them sit for a few moments, to set. They should be slightly under-baked. Slice or scoop, and enjoy while they're warm!