Ingredients2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup toasted pecans, optional
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 375 F*.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. With a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla until well blended.
4. Slowly beat in the flour mixture, until thoroughly combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and/or nuts.
6. Drop on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown.
*I actually realized I did mine wrong (or maybe I should say different). I baked them for 18-20 minutes on 350 F. A happy accident indeed! I highly recommend doing this, as it gave the cookies the perfect level of crunch.