1/2 pie crust
1 egg, separated
For the Filling:
8 stalk of rhubarb
4 tbs butter
1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1/4 cup cream
2 tbs bourbon
1 tbs vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup corn starch
1 pint of strawberries
For the Crumble:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
3 tbs sugar
6 tbs cold butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Chop up the strawberries and rhubarb into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Roll out the pie dough and press into a 9-inch pie dish, adding fluting as desired. Place it in the fridge to chill.
3. Heat the rhubarb in large skillet with the butter, on medium-high until soft.
5. Sprinkle the corn starch onto the mixture and stir until it has completely dissolved. Take it off the heat and stir in the strawberries.
|I'll admit this does not look appealing, but trust me,|
it smells amazing.
9. Bake at 350 F for 45-55 minutes, until the filling in bubbling and the crumble has browned. I raised the temperature to 375 at the end, so that the top would brown completely, and covered the edges with a tin foil.
*You can always put a top crust on if you want, anything works with this one!