1 Pie dough
1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, to taste
4 tsp flour
1 large egg, to brush
Total time: 1 hour
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
1. Roll out the pie dough to 1/8 inch thick, and divide into 3 1/2 x 5 inch rectangles.
2. Beat the egg and brush over the surface of one rectangle, this will be the inside of the dough, used to bind the edges together.
3. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Scoop 1-2 tbs of the mixture into the center, leaving an inch around the edge.
4. Put another rectangle of dough on top of the first and press the edges together with you fingers, than with a fork.
5. Poke holes into the top and place it on a lined baking tray. Repeat for the rest of the squares.
6. Allow to chill in the fridge while you preheat your oven to 350 F. During this time, you can bake any dough scraps with cinnamon and sugar for 15 minutes (I highly recommend this.)
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, and cool on the pan.
Mix 1 cup of icing sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon, then add 1 tbs water, to form a smooth paste.
Spread or pipe on top of the pastries and wait 20 minutes to allow to set.